NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SSL Certificate issue  (Read 3291 times)

bekeland

• View Profile
SSL Certificate issue
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:35:37 PM »
I'm using a Starfield SSL Certificate that we got through Oak Park.  When I use Internet Explorer, everything is fine.  When I use Firefox I get a certificate error, Unknown Issuer.  I talked with Starfield tech support and they say that my web server either does not have the intermediate certificate installed or it is not serving it properly.  I asked why does it work with IE and they say that IE is more forgiving.  I don't know what to do with this.  I need NetTalk to use this certificate properly so I don't get these kinds of errors in Firefox.  All I've done is go through the steps in the NetTalk docs to make the crt and key files and have them in the web\Certificates folder.

The web site is www.aucsupply.com.  The error in Firefox will come up when I click the Login button.  Please give me some direction.  Thanks.

Brian Ekeland

Rene Simons

• View Profile
Re: SSL Certificate issue
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
Brian,
I took the liberty to open an account at your site to find out what the problem is.
I am a regular FF user and I have encountered no problems whatsoever loging in.
You may remove my account. I won't be purchasing anything from it. I'm not in the auction business ;).
My FF version is 3.0.10
Kind regards,
Rene Simons
Rene Simons
NT14.14

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
Hi Brian,

I did the same, and also got no error.
I'm on the same FireFox as Rene.

I think the problem is that the browser you are testing with does not have Starfield as a "CA" (Certificate Authority).
It seems like they have been added though to more updated Firefox builds.

Cheers
Bruce

bekeland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »
Thanks for checking the site for me.  That makes me feel much better that both of you had no issues logging in with Firefox.  It is strange though because I just updated to Firefox 3.0.10.  I would have expected all that certificate stuff to be up to date in it.  I won't worry about it for now unless the customers start having issues.  Thanks for the help.