NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse with locator, return position after clicking "Other" type button  (Read 4277 times)

GordonF

• View Profile
I have a need to return to the same highlighted record in a browse after clicking an Other type button on a row.

If I use a locator on the browse, say on a list of names and locate "Smith" and go to the next page in a list of Smiths, clicking the Change button on the row then saving/cancelling the update form returns me to the browse with the same record highlighted. However if I do the same but click an Other type button on the browse row and then close the called page the browse return with the first Smith highlighted not the record I was on.

I'm using Nettalk Server 14.25

I'd really appreciate any ideas as to how I can make an Other type button behave like the Change button in this regard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 03:05:58 AM by GordonF »

GordonF

• View Profile
Re: Browse with locator, return position after clicking "Other" type button
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 04:17:08 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how to make this work?

Thanks Gordon

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2024, 04:05:45 AM »
best to make, and post, an example Gordon.

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2024, 03:35:26 PM »
Gordon,
I am thinking out loud here.  The Change button calls the Form with a RECORD ID ( Unique ID) being passed so that the FORM selects the correct record.  If the form is CHANGE, It must return the ID of the record to the browse or to tell the browse that called it that it should highlight the record with the SAME ID.
An OTHER button does NOT do this - but maybe you can simulate the behavior by Saving the Unique ID of the Record in a Session variable.  Go do the work that the OTHER BUTTON does.  Upon returning to the original browse, I would GSV for the GUID of the original record and if it exists, I would tell the browse to select that one.
I think that that would be how I would think about it and how I might go about starting to construct a solution.
Ron