NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Mobile Form, Always goes to next field  (Read 3136 times)

debraballenger

• View Profile
    • Email
Mobile Form, Always goes to next field
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »
Hi All

In the newer releases of nettalk (i.e. >7.25) not sure which version this started in, but 7.25 does not do this but 7.32 & 7.33 do.  In longer forms in mobile mode no matter where you click or press with your finger it always goes to the next field, not where you selected.
Attached is a demo app and a short video to see it in action.

This example was done with C8.9759 and NT 7.33

Thanks

Debra

[attachment deleted by admin]

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mobile Form, Always goes to next field
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
same problem here..

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »
Hi Debra/Osquibro
The last reasonably stable version of Nettalk/mobile is 7.25
Later versions until 729 did not have your issue but I found an additional problem in that if you use a wizard in any version after 7.25 and you have a lookup on one of the later tabs then after the lookup is selected the first tab is displayed again. I worked backwards from 731 and this was the highest version where the correct tab was displayed.
If you are using mobile I have a question.
How are you advising the user of an immediate validation failure. For example I have a function that verifies Soth African ID numbers so after entering a value I check that it passes. In non mobile mode the comment field displays the error message but there is no comment field in mobile.
After the submit button is pressed the errormessage on top of the form is displayed but this is too late since what is the point of immediate validation if the user only finds out at the end of the capture.
My (bad) solution at the moment is to create a local variable ImmediateError and add it as a display field after each validated field setting the validated field to LastonLine = No. If my validation fails I set this to a fail message, if it passes I set it to a blank.
Have you got a better method?
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »
Hi Debra,

couple things;

a) in case you were wondering the buttons in the example look "funny" - ie not text or icons when in mobile mode. This is because the example you picked has not been updated for mobile, and the buttons on the Buttons tab of the WebServer procedure extension need "refreshing". You can refresh the buttons by just deleting all of them until you see "uploadButton" at the top of the list again.

b) the problem with the tabbing is in a file called jquery.mobile.nt-form.js. I've fixed it for 3.34, but I've also attached the fixed on here. If you use this one you need to
i) copy it (unzipped) into your \clarion9\accessory\libsrc\win\netweb\web\scripts folder
ii) in your app folder run copyall.bat
iii) in your app folder run gzipall.bat

Terry - I've added your validation question to the list.

cheers
Bruce

[attachment deleted by admin]

debraballenger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
Thank you Bruce!