NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Duplicate Field Tooltips on NetWebBrowse Columns  (Read 2871 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
Duplicate Field Tooltips on NetWebBrowse Columns
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:10:59 AM »
Bruce,
I noticed that the Field Tooltip for columns of a browse is being send twice for each cell of the column in the table. Once for the table data cell <td> and once in the <div> of the cell’s label. Is this necessary ? as this could mean a lot of redundant information is being sent to the browser. Also only the tooltip for cell label <div> is being passed through the translator which is how I noticed the above in the first place. Below is the HTML generated for one browse cell. 

<td title="Level is the position of the current responder in the order of responders to the findings in the audit. The Facility Responder is the first level and enters the responses to the findings. Sequential responders review the facility's response.">
<div class="adiv" id="div4223243205_div"><span title="Niveau est la position de le répondant actuel dans la liste ordonnée des répondants aux constatations de la vérification.  Le répondant de l'établissement est le premier niveau et il entre dans les réponses à les constatations. Les répondants séquentielles revue de réponse de le répondant de l'établissement.">Le répondant de l'établissement</span></div>
</td>

What happens is that when the mouse is over the label the French tooltip appears which is the largest area of the column, however if the mouse is over the few pixels on the border between cells the English tooltip appears.  I could add p_web.translate method to all my field tooltips, but I believe the more efficient solution would be to not to send the <td> title at all which is not need whether the tooltip is translated or not.

Rob

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate Field Tooltips on NetWebBrowse Columns
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Bump

My example shows what happens when a tool tip is translated. Whereas most users will not use translation and thus the tool is repeated twice for each table cell.

Rob.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »
thanks for the bump Rob. Geoff is away this week, so I get a rare opportunity to really hack at the main system, but I should be back to normal next week.

cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 05:07:36 AM »
tweaked for build 7.33.
The translation is handled at the cell level, and the tip is not included with the div.

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »
Thanks Bruce. Look forward to the release.

Rob Kolanko