NetTalk Central

Author Topic: SSL CSR for a customer  (Read 2598 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
SSL CSR for a customer
« on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
Hi,

I have a customer who does not have a paid SSL certificate and would like to get one.   They don't have the tools to generate a CSR themselves and I am leery of developing certificate info of customers, so I was thinking of shipping them the CreateCertificateSigningRequest.bat along with the openssl.exe and ssl related dlls

I have fiddled with a test folder and subfolder but haven't found the right combination to make it work.

What has to be included and where does it have to be placed to generate a usable CSR for a customer?  Any other suggestion for generating a CSR by a customer?

Many thanks.

JPMacDonald

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SSL CSR for a customer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:38 PM »
Hi,

Bruce's documentation for this is pretty detailed and worked fine in my tests using a self-signed certificate, it should help you great deal.

http://www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk7/NetTalkWebSecure.htm

Regards

Parker

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:18 AM »
Indeed it does, if I was creating the CSR for myself using Clarion 8\accessory\bin.   Alas, my customers don't have Clarion 8 and NetTalk themselves so I am looking for which files I should send them and where they should be placed in hierarchy for them to create their own CSR.

Thanks anyway.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »
Hi Casey,
I guess read the BAT file and see what it uses. Also I guess the "path" to OpenSSL exe might be important. (Its been a long time since I last read the BAT file, so I don't have the details to memory.)

Frankly, you'd be better off generating the CSR for them. It doesn't sound like they're gonna be able to do it properly themselves. Or use a provider that has an online generator.

cheers
Bruce