NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Netalk 6 Tutorial  (Read 2869 times)

kipp6912

• View Profile
    • Email
Netalk 6 Tutorial
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »
Hi all i am new to nettalk i was wondering if there is a tutorial that shows you step by step on creating and application and adding login feature that i could follow? Right now i am struggling with the Nettalk program as it is a huge learning curve for me and i havent been able to figure anything out at this point. I have created a new app with it i just dont know how to add login features to the program before anyone can see any table information.

Thanks for the help In Advance.

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Netalk 6 Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
Check out all the examples - it's a good place for idea's and plenty have a login screen. Bruce also sells a book "Building Web Applications using Nettalk" that you can get from clarionshop - it  is worth every penny and wished it existed when I started out on Nettalk. Would have save me many wasted hours... http://www.clarionlive.com/ also has a few free Nettalk webcasts you can download for free which are very informative. I think Clarionshop also has some training videos for sale from some of the devcons.

Always good to start small on your first project. If you get stuck, search the NG as the Q has probably been asked/answered before and if not post your Q

HTH's

Kevin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
links to the ClarionLive webinars are here;

http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/netsp.htm#ClarionLive

I'd definitely recommend watching them if you're starting out - particularly the #135, which seems to be an ideal one for beginners.

Cheers
Bruce

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:52:20 PM »
May I also suggest you get onto Nettalk7 as soon as possible. New features and thats where the development is.
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186