NetTalk Central

Author Topic: trapping error??  (Read 3362 times)

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
trapping error??
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
how i can trapping file manager error, example if i delete a parent record that have multiple childs clarion return a message box with referential integrity error in a server side, but when run as services this error is hiden, is possible to trap the error and return this error with javascript or whatever message??

thanks..

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: trapping error??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »
it's certainly not easy to pass the error back to the user.

If you are using MessageBox (or something similar) then at least you can trap the message itself, so it doesn't block the thread. I suppose then it would be possible to pass some information back to the server, and potentially to the user as well, but it's not something I've looked into too far.

cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:30:54 AM »
i don't have any message box , i refer a message box return by clarion and file manager, what happen when this message is running hidden in a server?  this messages is closed by nettalk ??

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
>> I don't have any message box , i refer a message box return by clarion and file manager,

yeah. I was referring to CapeSoft MessageBox.
http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/mesboxsp.htm

>> what happen when this message is running hidden in a server?  this messages is closed by nettalk ?

No, NetTalk can't close the message. However if you have the CapeSoft MessageBox in your app then the built-in Message window is overridden by a procedure in your app, so you can suppress the message from happening.

It uses the clarion prop:MessageHook feature (so obviously you can construct your own override if you like.)

Cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:35:41 AM »
how the suppress Error Messages is work?? i have this setting with check but the messages continue in a server side..

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 04:44:36 AM »
it only suppresses errors generated by the NetTalk object itself. To suppress Message boxes generated by other classes one needs to use the prop:messageHook approach.

cheers
Bruce