NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Default Login Screen Not Working  (Read 6197 times)

Perkins

• View Profile
    • Email
Default Login Screen Not Working
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:23:05 AM »
Bruce
(This is to following up on the email you sent me before I could connect to the forum.  But anyone else can chime in here)

I'm using the wizard created login form in an nettalk application but when I login in I do not gain access to the procedures that are restricted to login via the Web Handler Setting - Loging Rqd tab.   You asked me to verify that the "Delete session on logout" check box was unchecked on the security tabe in the Webserver NetTalk extension.   I have included a screen shot to verify that setting.   

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dennis Perkins

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Default Login Screen Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
your best bet then is to post a small example app so we can duplicate the effect.

cheers
Bruce

Perkins

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:16:30 AM »
I have attached a copy of the application and dictionary.  Not all the tables in the dictionary are used and the ones that are used are MySql tables.  The topspeed tables will converted in the future. The app and dct are in the early stages so they are quite small. 

While you are looking at it, I have another questions if you don't mind.  There are a couple of child browses BrowseQuestions and Browse Answers that I initially removed from the menu.  I don't have any issues with BrowseAnswers since I access it from the UpdateQuestion, but I had to add the procedure BrowseQuestions back to the menu in the PageHeader and hide it to make it work correctly.  If I remove it I cannot access the update procedure for BrowseQuestions.   I'm sure I'm missing something here since I'm at the early stages of learning NetTalk, but if you notice anything that stands out on the this, I would like to know. 

Dennis Perkins

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dennis Perkins

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »
hi Dennis - thanks - I'm away until Friday so I'll be able to look then.

Perkins

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
I have upgraded NetTalk to latest version and this is still not working.
Dennis Perkins

seanh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
Bump
I'm having the same trouble Nettalk 7.07
Use of the wizard to create the basics for some reason does not activate the login.
well the login page appears and you type in stuff, but nothing happens.
I've added a debugOutputString in the validation logic and it never appears, its as if the procedure is not called.

I'm going to hack on example3 to get something working.

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »
Just to add another 2 cents. I'm also having trouble with login but its with using Secwin for access control. I followed the steps in the Secwin Jump Start for adding Secwin to a NTWS app but I'm never authenticated although valid users exist in the Secwin security files. Can't see the browse screens maked as "Must be logged in" and likewise my debug code shows I never am authenticated. My system is using MSSQL but have also tried using TPS tables for the Secwin security files.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
Hi Dennis,
Sorry this thread dropped off my radar.

The login page appeared to be completely broken in the app here. I tracked that down to the settings on the WebServer procedure, NetTalk extension, Settings, Advanced tab.
You had "Compress static files" and "Compress Dynamic data" off. Turn them on and it works ok. (obviously I need to figure out why).

Sean - The key is to either turn off the "Delete Session on Logout" option
(WebServer, Settings, Security tab) or remove the embed code line that reads
p_web.SetSessionLoggedIn(0)

Mike - try this first as well, and see if that helps.

cheers
Bruce