NetTalk Central

Author Topic: adding icon to a tab or changing tab text color...  (Read 2893 times)

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
adding icon to a tab or changing tab text color...
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:55 AM »
     I have a NT 7 app that gathers patient history data.  This is entered by the patient thus needs to be verified before using in reports, etc.  I'm looking for advice on how to indicate when a patient has entered new data or changed existing data.
     One thought is to include an icon on each tab of the data form.  The icon could be a green dot for verified data or a red dot for un-verified data.  Or I could simply change the text color of the tab, using green and red colors similar to the icon scenario.  The physician will open the patient's data form, and go to the tabs that are marked with a red dot or red text, and verify the new/changed data.
     Once verified, the physician will click on a "verified" button, setting the appropriate icon or text color.  I'm searching NetTalk Central but also wanted to seek ideas here on how to accomplish this.  Perhaps there is a better way than using icons or colored text?

Thanks,

Jeff King

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: adding icon to a tab or changing tab text color...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »
One way I found is to use a statement in the field to define the tab text:

choose(p_web.gsv('status')='unverified', .'*Patient Data*', 'Patient Data')

The asterisks indicate the data has not yet been verified.  Ideally, I would like to also change the background color of the tab itself.  Still searching!

Thanks,

Jeff King

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:04:25 PM »
Hi Jeff,

It would be helpful I guess to start with your data structure - ie your table structure. I presume you are saying that each field in the table will hae a matching "verified by doctor" field? Perhaps the date / time entered? The date/time verified? An id of the doctor who verified it? Perhaps also the id of the person who entered it. I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that if the doctor chooses to "not verify" the data, he'll need some mechanism to do that to, and also to let the person know that he's done it.

I'm guessing this would need to be on the field level in the database because you don't want to unnecessarily tie an arbitary group of fields together (as would be the case if you had just a "tab1", "tab2" type field.

Let me know if I'm on the right track...

cheers
Bruce

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
Bruce,

Doing this at the field level is essentially an audit of all data access.  If we wanted to go that route, perhaps it would be better to use one of the third party audit tools such as LogFlash or Full Record.  Maybe dbAudit?  Do you have any thoughts on the use of these with a NetTalk app? 

Currently, patients fill out a 12 page paper form.  The physicians go over these with the patient, making notes on them as needed.  These are then passed to a Data Manager for input.  Basically a few "more important" items are checked and they also try to assess the completeness of the form.  So I need to duplicate this...I'm thinking a button they click to "certify" they discussed the form with the patient.  Then the data can be sent to the main database and used in reports.  Data can be further verified during the report building process.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »
>> Do you have any thoughts on the use of these with a NetTalk app? 

I would imagine they're just Clarion code, so they work in a WebServer app just like a windows app. But I'm not sure that that help you with your current situation.

I'm not sure that you know what you want yet either. Which makes it hard to comment because I'm not in your industry and I don't know what requirements are involved. Perhaps it's as simple as;

a) patient fills in form, and submits.
b) doctor reads form (presumably with patient).
c) doctor ticks on checkbox to say that all the data is verified.

If you want to highlight specific fields, of course that's trivial with CSS.

If you want the doc to checkbox each field he should pay attention to, then I guess you need db fields for that.

Cheers
Bruce