NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Re: Where can I process file and folder name prior to upload? pt2  (Read 2472 times)

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I process file and folder name prior to upload? pt2
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
From Rick:
--------------------

In the file upload example most of the activity takes place in the complete form start embed and uses the value queue.  Also all three browsers work properly with slightly different UI elements.

Mine does most of the processing in the handler rename method and I use the session queue exclusively and only IE functions properly.  Why are you using the value queue instead of session queue?  I looked it up in the nettalk book but has very little about the value queue other then it is pertaining to passed parameters to browser (or from browser?).

When is the complete form embed called?  When getting ready to return to browse?

I was also trying to force a field to update... the field being used by the file upload button... it is VERY RESISTANT to that.  Almost like I don't really have access to that field like the others.

If I put the following code in the file upload example in the complete form code start embed... p_web.ssv('MAI:MailBoxPicture','') the file does not get updated with this "null" value.  This is what I have been fighting with in my application... I cannot clear this field.

RJ

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I process file and folder name prior to upload? pt2
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
>> Why are you using the value queue instead of session queue?

The value queue contains all the parameters coming from the browser to the server. Since you are changing the value of one of these fields it makes sense to change the value in the Value queue as well. Then as it used later on (automatically) it is set to your "new" value, instead of the "original" value.

>> When is the complete form embed called?

when the user clicks on the Save button, before the record is written to disk.

cheers
Bruce