NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT Mobile - Odd behaviour in certain browsers when cancelling a Form  (Read 2290 times)

Devan

• View Profile
    • Email
Ok, our NetTalk app is out in the field well and truly now, and we are getting some feedback from users.

There are a couple of areas where we go from:

Home Page -> Browse Orders -> Update Order (includes Browse Line Items) -> Update Line Item

Quite a few users now have said that when they are adding or modifying an order, and they go to the screen to Update Line Item and then change their minds and 'Cancel' the update, they are returned all the way back to the Home Page, and not to the Update Order page as expected.  New orders are lost (not saved) and if they were modifying, the changes are not saved either.

It only seems to be happening on older Android browsers (version 2.2 and prior).  I've tested on the iPhone and it works OK for me all the time.  Same with checking within Chrome using Mobile mode.  Oddly, one of our customers said he tested in IE8 using mobile mode (i.e. with ?_mobile_=1 at the end of the URL) and it failed in IE8 yet worked in Firefox.  I have IE9 here and it seems to work OK in that when I tried to replicate his steps.

Are there some known browser quirks out there which will cause this?

Thanks,
Devan

DonRidley

• Don Ridley
  • Global Moderator
  • donaldridley2011@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NT Mobile - Odd behaviour in certain browsers when cancelling a Form
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
In the Update Line Item form, you should have a URL setting for Cancel.  I have found that setting this will force the cancel to go just where you need it.

Good Luck!

Don
"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

NetTalk 12.55
Clarion 11

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT Mobile - Odd behaviour in certain browsers when cancelling a Form
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »
Hi Devan,

from your explanation, and Don's workaround, it sounds like the referer is not being set correctly. I'll try and duplicate the effect here to see if I can duplicate it.

Cheers
Bruce