NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Browse within a browse  (Read 3193 times)

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
Browse within a browse
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
Bruce, I have a browse where I list some record info from the parent browse and then below it, I display detail items in a secondary browse  (see the jpg). The very tricky part of this is getting the active record ID from the parent browse. The GetBrowseValue() in the beginning of the secondary browse doesn't work properly, in the sense that it doesn't load any file info at all. The only place I could find that parent record info in the secondary browse was in the p_web._LocalDataQueue.Value slot and ONLY immediately after the GetBrowseValue() call is made near the beginning of procedure code in the secondary browse.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:38:47 PM by markster »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Browse within a browse
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi Mark,

You should not be calling GetBrowseValue().
The active record ID is in the SessionValue for that field.

ie p_web.GSV('parent.id') should be set for you when the parent row is selected.
(But of course _only_ the ID is set.)

Cheers
Bruce

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:36:52 AM »
Bruce, I looked for the p_web.GSV('parent.id') first thing. It doesn't work in the scenario I described because the parent browse gets built first, and then then secondary browse gets built. So the p_web.GSV('parent.id') value is the value for the last record displayed in the parent browse, not the actual value needed when the secondary browse is being built.

Mark

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:51:00 AM »
Please post an example so I can duplicate here - thanks Mark.

cheers
Bruce