NetTalk Central

Author Topic: What happend to my post?  (Read 2521 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
What happend to my post?
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
Is there any reason why post titled "NetWebBrowse - Multi-table views, Filters, and Locators" is blank when opened?

Actually the post is only blank when opened using MSIE8. The post appears fine in Firefox.

Oh well nevermind.

Thanks,
Rob
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:06:38 PM by Rob Kolanko »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What happend to my post?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
it's something to do with the forum software Rob - and I don't know what. But it only happens if you are logged in. (it's not browser related, but logged-in related).
I am working on the filter issue though.

cheers
Bruce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What happend to my post?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
Hi Rob,

Regarding the Browse Filters issues;

The positional problem is fixed in the next build (or at least internally the root problem is "worked-around", which boils down to the same thing.) This is probably the most critical issue.

regarding the Starts-With locator

>> 1. The locator entry text line is never hidden for this locator type.

I've added that to my list for NT7. It's a non-trivial change to the way the system works, so at this stage in the cycle I don't want to risk breaking NT6.

>> 2. The “Previous” and “First” buttons are disabled whenever there are no previous records.

fixed.

>> 3. When the sort is on columns with numbers, the filter for the locator value should remain after the initial search such that only records that exceed the locator value entered will be seen.

I'm not sure I agree on this one. I guess if anything it would be some sort of "hybrid" between the Positional and the Starts-with. Being able to scroll backwards some of the time, but not other, seems perhaps to be a tad confusing? I guess it could be done but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the idea.

Cheers
Bruce