NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Adding OK/Cancel option to alert message  (Read 2562 times)

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
Adding OK/Cancel option to alert message
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »
Is there any way to extend the SendAlert/Message functionality to add an option for and OK/Cancel selection similar to Windows Message?

Mark

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding OK/Cancel option to alert message
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
Hi Mark,

The short answer is "no".

If you want to get information from the user then the best approach is to create a NetWebForm.

The reason it's not all that easy to have a "confirmation" box is because your code on the server side is running asynchronously. In other words setting the Alert is done in your code, but the code keeps going. It doesn't wait for a response there - indeed the box is not actually shown to the user there. It is simply added into the response and appears to the user a little while later.

So for now it's strictly a "message" to the user - it's not designed to do input.

Cheers
Bruce

markster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:33:41 PM »
OK. I have created my own form, but I can only call it by adding a button in a form. I don't know javascript, but I imagine there is some really basic javascript call that would open it up anytime???

Thanks,

Mark

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:51:42 PM »
without context Mark it's impossible to answer this. You need to give some more idea of the "flow" that the user would experience.