NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Revisiting an annoying Browse problem  (Read 2888 times)

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
Revisiting an annoying Browse problem
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:03 AM »
I have a browse supported by a memory form so I can place a button on there. There are 2 rather annoying issues which hopefully are easy to resolve and probably solving the former will resolve the latter.

1. On the form is a browse with a list of related records alongside. The first time you go into the form the first record is highlighted and the related records are shown. But if you edit one of the related records and then close that, the browse list is shown but this time you MUST click on the browse list to see the related records. How can this be resolved?

2. On the same form is a button which relies on it knowing the GUID of the highlighted record in the browse. So I have code in the embed point "User did something in the browse". That works. But as above, if you come back from another process, although the original browse record is shown as highlighted it is not. You MUST click on it again. 

HINT: The record shows as being highlighted in LIGHT GRAY whereas in fact if it is SELECTED it is highlighted in DARK GRAY. For the user this is extremely confusing as seeing any color there makes them assume it has been selected.

So is there some embed point when returning to the Browse I could put some code to ensure that the currently highlighted record is indeed selected and obtain the GID at that stage. Of course the same goes for the first time into the browse where I want to obtain the GUID of the first record in the browse.

Many thanks

John

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting an annoying Browse problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:15:55 AM »
probably a good idea to post a small example of the issue.

John Fligg

• View Profile
    • Ambrit Software
    • Email
Re: Revisiting an annoying Browse problem
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
OK Bruce but am completely overloaded right now.

Thanks

John