NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Validation popups with NetTalk embedded on a static page  (Read 2459 times)

sluggern

• View Profile
    • Email
Validation popups with NetTalk embedded on a static page
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:50:32 AM »
I'm unable to get validation popups when embedding NetTalk in a static page.
I've attached a very simple static page with a NetWebForm (WebUpdateDeltaker).
If I call the WebUpdateDeltaker directly (without using the WebUpdateDeltaker.html) popus work like they should.

Using NetTalk 5.29 on Clarion 7

Best regards,
Espen Rønning

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Validation popups with NetTalk embedded on a static page
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »
Hi Espen,

The template do a remarkable amount of work to make popups work, both when the page is generated, and when the popup is opened. At this stage popups from a static page are not supported - it's on my list, but I'm not sure that it'll be even "reasonably" possible to do popups from a static page. At the very least the "dialog" container needs to be added into the static page (and that's a recursive operation because the popup can contain more popups and so on...) and also the necessary actions to "populate" the popup when it's opened would have to be considered as well.

What I recommend is that you reverse the approach. Instead of embedding dynamic stuff on a static page, rather include the static stuff on a dynamic page. By using a NetWebForm as your starting point, then adding either NetWebSource, or just raw HTML to the embed points, you can construct any page you like.

cheers
Bruce

sluggern

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Validation popups with NetTalk embedded on a static page
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:43 PM »
Thanks Bruce.

I'll give the reverse approach another try. It was my starting point, but I struggled to get code into the <head> part of the page.
The xhtml I enter at Location "After <body>" works fine, but if I put anything at "Before <body>" it doesn't seem to be included at all.

Espen