NetTalk Central

Author Topic: f10 strips ampersands & from URL field  (Read 2446 times)

CaseyR

• View Profile
    • Email
f10 strips ampersands & from URL field
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »
I stopped using f10 to edit fields in NetTalk because they didn't open the zoom box but recently noticed they are working now.  So I am not sure if this issue is new.

When I use f10 to edit or view the URL field of the On Click section of a button control for a form,  all the ampersands (&) are stripped from the original fields when I close the zoom box.  Instant bugs.

I can't replicate the problem in the shipped Clarion templates.

Using NetTalk 5.25, C7.3 7900, and fully patched Vista

I assume it's a bug, but if there is a setting or technique to avoid the problem I'd really like to know how.

Many thanks.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: f10 strips ampersands & from URL field
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
I've checked here and it doesn't seem to happen in Clarion 7.3.7995.
It also doesn't seem to be happening in Clarion 8.0.8358. So presumably it was a bug in the IDE that has been fixed.

Incidentally the F10 in C8 is much nicer - it uses a larger font which makes it a LOT easier to read and edit.

>> I can't replicate the problem in the shipped Clarion templates.

the Clarion templates mostly use a "String" entry field. NetTalk does too, in the places where you see a "(no quotes)" instruction - like "page name".
For the rest NetTalk templates use the EXPRession entry field. This gives you a lot more power. Through various C7, and C8 versions the support for F10 on String and Expr fields have not always been equal. Where they are lacking though I let SV know, and it generally gets fixed within a build or two. I use F10 all the time, so it's something I notice reasonably quickly.

Cheers
Bruce