NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Posting to another web site - Am I on the right track?  (Read 3201 times)

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
Posting to another web site - Am I on the right track?
« on: May 28, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »
I am working with a credit card processor. They have given me the code for a "button" to put on our page (they don't know we're creating our site with NetTalk web server) to post to their site so our clients can pay invoices online. I intend to put their code in a NetWebForm on the XHtml tab to create the linking button:

<span class="MainHeading">
Your current balance due is <!-- Net:s:currentdue -->.<br>
<br>To pay your bill verify the amount in the box below then click the "Pay Now" button.<br /><br />

<form action="http://secureinputtest.unitedpaymentservices.com  method="post">
Amount:
<input type="text" value="66.55" name="ProductPrice" /> <br /><br />
<input type="hidden" name="StoreNumber"  value="100001">
<input type="hidden" name="Method" value="purchase">
<input type="hidden" name="ProductName"  value="Invoice Payment">
<input type="hidden" name="OrderCustomerNumber"  value="123456789">
<input type="hidden" name="OrderInvoice"  value="12345">
<input type="hidden" name="ByPassCart" value="yes">
<input type="image"  src="https://SecureInput.MyUnitedConnect.com/SecurePAYImages/pay-now-red.jpg" />
</form>

Two questions:

Is the XHtml tab the correct place to imbed this code?

How do I replace the 66.55 (ProductPrice), 123456789 (OrderCustomerNumber) and 12345 (OrderInvoice) with variable values similar to the <!-- Net:s:currentdue --> I use to display the currrent due amount?

Or am I totally off base and need to do this in a different or simplier way?

Thanks.

Mike Tabakin

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Posting to another web site - Am I on the right track?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »
Hi Mike,

>> Is the XHtml tab the correct place to embed this code?

Maybe. It depends on how _dynamic_ this code needs to be. If it's "fixed" - as in it won't change just because the user clicks on something, then yes, you're on the right track. If it could "change" then a better approach would be to put it into a NetWebSource.

The NetWebSource can have a dynamic DIV and hence you could re-call the source at any time to update this section on the browser window.

Secondly - though you need to be careful _where_ in the page you embed this. Both Browses and Forms make use of the <form> tag. You can't (in html) have one form nested inside another, so this form needs to be _outside_ the one generated by the NEtwebForm or NetWebrowse.

>> How do I replace the 66.55 (ProductPrice), 123456789 (OrderCustomerNumber) and 12345 (OrderInvoice) with variable values similar to the <!-- Net:s:currentdue --> I use to display the currrent due amount?

um, you use <!-- Net:s:currentdue -->. No?

Cheers
Bruce

mtabakin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Posting to another web site - Am I on the right track?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:14:15 AM »
Bruce,

Thanks for the insight and guidance. And after I posted it I realized that the <!-- Net:s:currentdue --> is how I do ALL the variables.....duh!

Thanks again.

M