NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Change background color of entire app  (Read 157 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Change background color of entire app
« on: October 15, 2024, 04:14:17 PM »
Hello all,

For a current client, I maintain three versions of an app:  one for training, one for testing and one for production.  They want me to set the background color of the test and training versions to a lighter pastel color.  I thought about adding the following to my custom.css file:

--site-background:e6e6fa;
.nt-body{
   background-color:var(--site-background);
}

After running the GzipAll.bat, and doing a CTRL-F5, the background color is not changed.  Any thoughts as to where I went wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff King

rjolda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Change background color of entire app
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2024, 05:33:37 PM »
Jeff,
This CSS thing is for the young kids - not for old guys like me!  Anyway, there are so many things going on here.  The first question I have is did you get the css into your working custom.css file?   You can look at the web page and put it in developers mode ( IE or Firefox.  I have started using Stylizer 7 for some work as I learn css) - is your NEW CODE in the css?  Is it being over written? if it is there, what is overwriting it?
That is supposed to be the power of css - one change and voila - the whole site is transformed. 
Th --site--background is a built in variable I think.
This will give you a start.  BTW, I hired a young kid to help me move around CSS - was well worth it.  ( These kids will make a web site do all kinds of tricks - but they don't have a clue about the data behind it and what it represents or how to manage it.   My 2 cents...
Ron

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Change background color of entire app
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2024, 05:45:50 PM »
Hello all,

I think I found the mistake.  I forgot the hash mark (#) in the hex of the color!  Here is the working code now:

.nt-body{
   background-color: #e6e6fa;
}

Thanks,

Jeff