NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Media field type on tabbed form, questions, part 1  (Read 2495 times)

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Media field type on tabbed form, questions, part 1
« on: August 17, 2024, 04:57:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have placed a Media field type on the last tab of a multi tab form.  The idea is to allow the user to view a PDF of a report, from which they will do manual data entry.  The source of the PDF documents is in the uploads folder under the web folder.  The Media control will only download the PDF document and not display it.  However, if I place the PDF documents directly in the web folder, they do display as expected.  On the Media field's Media tab, I set the URL to the following:

'\uploads\'&p_web.GSV('InvPHI:Patient_ID')&'.pdf'

When I put the PDF's in the web folder, I use the following:

p_web.GSV('InvPHI:Patient_ID')&'.pdf'

The same thing happens in the example app web74.  Can anyone offer a solution?  I really want the PDF's to be in the uploads folder, or some other custom folder, not in the web folder.

Thank you,

Jeff King

jking

• View Profile
    • Email
Solved - Re: Media field type on tabbed form, questions, part 1
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 04:16:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

After reading page 189 in the 4th ed. of the NetTalk book, it was revealed that the upload folder will always serve files for download (save).  So, I created a reports folder and serve my PDF documents from there.  They now display in the Media filed as expected.

Thanks,

Jeff King