NetTalk Central

Author Topic: My Parent has two heads  (Read 3386 times)

MyBrainIsFull

• View Profile
My Parent has two heads
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:52:33 PM »
Hi Bruce, dont bother answering this till October,  I just want to understand what is happening here

I have a page that holds a parent (ORDER) and child (OrderLINE) browse, works great.  See Image ONE  and as its part of the checkout I named it ViewTrolley instead of BrowseOrder

Then I added EIP so the shopper can change the qty in a shopping cart, and the child updates the parents total.
But clicking the spinner for Qty does not do anything, so I trapped the event   'rowclicked'  in  "TakeEvent Routine"  and called my own total routine

In there I calc the line items $Extended = Qty * UnitPrice    update the variables as p_webSSV( etc )  

To get the parent to show the updated total I pushed an event "child updated" to tell the parent to update itself
          p_web.PushEvent('childupdated')
          do AlertParent   ! propogate event up
          p_web.PopEvent()  

BUT the child browse then generates a third list box above itself - no code involved - see image two -
I am guessing the three lines above triggers the child to "guess" its parent to be BrowseOrder and put that in for me.

ie the top list box is ViewTrolley with a single child of BrowseOrderLines as the bottom box, which magically generates BrowseOrder as the second box.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:57:32 PM by MyBrainIsFull »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My Parent has two heads
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:54:31 PM »
hi Kevin,

almost certainly I will need an example to understand this properly, but you say;

>> ... I have a page that holds a parent

Do you mean a "page" as in a NetWebPage procedure?

cheers
Bruce