NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Question about look ups from a NetWebForm  (Read 2409 times)

ewilliams

• View Profile
    • Email
Question about look ups from a NetWebForm
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
Hi Bruce!

I have a NetWebForm and multiple fields with look ups.  The last time I ran this app, the look ups were working.  We upgraded to NetTalk 7.28 and now they aren't working.  I took a look at one of your example apps and changed my look up to be a 'popup'.  It is now working.  I am not sure that we want popup look ups, though.  Should the "normal" look ups still work?

Thanks,

Emily Williams

Clarion 9.0.10376

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about look ups from a NetWebForm
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
Hi Emily,

Page lookups should still be working - although I confess pretty much all the work I do now is with popups, so they don't get tested as often as they could. They are also somewhat more limited than popups.

The biggest advantage with the popups of course is the speed - it's a _lot_ faster to do a popup lookup than a page lookup.

but page lookups should still work, so maybe try duplicating the problem in say example 71 (Books) and let me know if it's broken there. (If it is post the altered example here so I can take a look.)

cheers
Bruce

ewilliams

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:27:05 AM »
I changed example 71 from a pop up look up to a page look up and your example is still working.  So, it must be something I'm doing.  I'll keep looking at it.  As for pop up look ups, do you think they'd work okay on mobile devices?  That's why I was using page look ups.

Thanks again!
Emily

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:41:27 AM »
Hi Em,

>> As for pop up look ups, do you think they'd work okay on mobile devices? 

If the site goes into "mobile" mode then it'll change automatically into "page" mode. So (other than not working) you don't need to worry about that.

For tablets you're probably best off in "desktop" mode anyway, and the faster popups will be better.

Cheers
Bruce