NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Regression: NT7.25 no longer deletes HTML files with $$$ at beginning of name.  (Read 2374 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
Hi Bruce,

This issue started somewhere between NT7.04 and NT7.25.  Only when I was preparing to package a update to an application that I notice a number of  "$$$" HTML files in the web folder. In my application, reference documents are stored in blobs in the database. The HTML fragment (no <head> or <body> structure in file)  is placed in to a file with  "$$$" at the beginning of the file name. The file name is inserted into a "<!-- Net:f:filename -->" tag and the page is displayed. Everything works fine for the user, except I need the file to be deleted after serving.  Older versions of Nettalk, the file as deleted due to the  "$$$" at the beginning of the file name. Interesting, some of the generated HTML files contain images which also  have "$$$" at the beginning of the image file name. The images files are still being deleted after serving, but the parent HTML file is not. Attached is modified Web1 example. Recompile the example and place the enclosed  "$$$" HTML file in the example's web folder. I added a link at the top of the index page to display the "$$$" HTML file in a different tab. The file appears but is not deleted after being served.

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Rob,

this was specific to the case where the $$$ file was included as a f: tag - I've fixed the issue for the 7.26 build.

thanks for the report and example as always.

cheers
Bruce