NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Multi Site Webserver  (Read 2710 times)

bryce

• View Profile
    • Email
Multi Site Webserver
« on: November 20, 2013, 11:50:06 PM »
Hello All,

I have a webserver that is working fine as an exe but I am trying to get it to work in a multi site webserver (my first attempt at this).

The multi site webserver seems to be working OK as I am taken to the login page every time I connect to it.

The problem is that nothing at all seems to happen when I register the dll version of my working webserver with the multi site server.  I am still taken to the login page of the multi site server.

How do I tell if anything is happening once my dll is registered and how does one start trying to track down problems (there are no errors showing.........it just goes to the server login).

Thanks.

Bryce

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Site Webserver
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:04:49 AM »
Hi Bryce,

the host program works by examining the "host" field, and sending the request to the correct dll. Anything not re-directed ends up at the host itself (ie the host login screen).

So the key is in matching the HOST field (as you've added it in the server) to the address that you type in your browser.
So, key question - what have you set the record in the list of servers to, and what do you type in your browser?

cheers
Bruce

bryce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:52:04 AM »
Hello Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

Both the host and what I type into the browser are the same:

www.gbheritagetours.co.uk

I read in your documentation that they had to be the same and not have the http:// on the front.  As soon as I type it into the browser it gets changed to the IP address (ie. www.gbheritagetours becomes the IP address) which doesn't seem to happen for other websites and the webserver just returns the login screen.

Does this make any sense to you?

Thanks.

Bryce

bryce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »
Bruce,

Based on your reply and what I then replied to you I changed the host name to be the IP address that www.gbheritagetours.co.uk was being changed to and it now works.

I still don't understand what is happening and why but it seems to be working.

Bryce