NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT 7.14 Close button not appearing on NetWebBrowse Form  (Read 2648 times)

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
NT 7.14 Close button not appearing on NetWebBrowse Form
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »
Bruce,

The NetWebBrowse form  no longer displays the “Close” button when the “Update Button Position” is set to “Above Browse”. I have a few  NetWebBrowse that are not in NetWebForms and I use the Close button to return to a specific page. Also when the “Break after Last” option is off , the Close button used to appear nicely in the same row as the Last navigation button.  You can duplicate this problem in the Web1 example by change the  MailboxBrowseControl procedure template to the above settings.

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT 7.14 Close button not appearing on NetWebBrowse Form
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:02 AM »
>> The NetWebBrowse form  no longer displays the “Close” button when the “Update Button Position” is set to “Above Browse”.

fixed in 7.15

>> the Close button used to appear nicely in the same row as the Last navigation button.

I think the bigger issue here is that the Close button is assuming the same Above/Below status as the update buttons, where it probably needs a setting of it's own. I've also been experimenting with CSS here, especially with the way the locator, and buttons "fit together" - there's more work that needs to be done in that area (but I'm trying not to do that for a build or 3 until this current build has stabilized a bit.)

In the example I was able to correct the position of the Close button by
a) turning off the Insert button (you didn't mention if you it or not, but I'm guessing not.)
b) setting the css for the update button set to include nt-left

there are probably also a few other CSS ways of doing it - but it might depend a lot on your specific layout, and indeed the scope of how many places you want to apply this to.

Let me know where this fits on your list of priorities, but as I say it's probably due for some sort of overhaul.

Cheers
Bruce

Rob Kolanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
Hi Bruce,
When you discuss the positioning the close button, it is hard to follow because the Close button is not appearing in NT 7.14 and I was happy where it was appearing in NT7.06.
If I understand you correctly,  when “Update Button Position” is set to “Above Browse” in NT7.15, the Close button will appear on the same row as the update buttons. In my application the "Insert" button is on, so I am guessing that the close button will appear next to the "Insert" button and not next to the Last button on the navigation button row as it in NT7.06?  My concern is that Close button does not take an entire row for itself and lines up with the row that it assigned to.

Rob

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 01:16:56 AM »
Hi Rob,

the short answer is "yes".
the slightly longer answer is that it depends somewhat on your CSS.

So, in my test, with the buttons above etc, I found the best result was obtained by setting the CSS in the WebServer procedure, Styles, Browse tab, so the  Update Btn Set  was set to 'nt-left' rather than 'nt-margin-top'.

This isn't a universal solution, because it works in conjunction with the way your buttons are laid out, but in the scenario you are describing that's the best approach. At some point I'll break this down a bit to make the whole "lots of stuff around a browse" layout a bit simpler.

Cheers
Bruce