NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT and large MSSQL tables and others  (Read 2722 times)

estadok

• View Profile
    • EstaSoft
    • Email
NT and large MSSQL tables and others
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »
Hi!

I have a question about the usage of large tables in NT. In my app I use the MSSQL table (A) which has about 1114000 records. On the other hand I have 4 views that's uses data from (A).
DB is:
               1. KLADR (adress book)
                  2.vSpArea
                  3.vSpReg
                  4.vSpCity
                  5.vSpStreet

I create memory form that contains 4 drop fields which filtered each other. All works fine but WAY TOO slow. What could be the problem? 

Another issue is in browse  when I use popup form to send SMS or E-mail. I must be sending the phone number or e-mail adress to the popup, from the browse row but it sends only by the second attempt. When you click the button first time, then you should close the popup, and click it again in order to see the number or e-mail. How can i fix this? Oh, by the way, in browse hot field lists I added both of fields such as "phone" and "email".

PS.
When I return from popup update my loc:something (that i use to collect name, surname and middle name) value disappears from the row.
Clarion 9.0.10376
NetTalk 7.26
SecWin 6.25
StringTheory 1.92

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT and large MSSQL tables and others
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
hi,

>> I create memory form that contains 4 drop fields which filtered each other. All works fine but WAY TOO slow. What could be the problem? 

The most likely problem is that you don't have keys in the backend to match the ORDER and FILTER that the drop is using. Use the "Send Order and Filter" option on the form so you can see the order and filter in Debugview. Then verify that you have keys that match them (paying special attention to the CASE of strings).

If you're not sure then post the output here so we can see it.

Regarding the email / sms thing it sounds like you have code in the wrong place. Or perhaps just the wrong code. You'll need to tweak an example to show the effect, and post that here.

which NetTalk build are you on?

cheers
Bruce

estadok

• View Profile
    • EstaSoft
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
Hi Bruce!
I'm on NT 7.05

Thanks! You gave me an idea and I solved the issue with drop fields. But in my case I use Views instead of tables to show data and there is no any keys, but sorting in NT doesn't match with sorting in backend that's the problem. (All fields are strings)

Regarding the SMS and Email I haven't got any code... I just call the p_web.GSV() in display field to see what is the number i recieved from browse and I recieved this only by the second attempt.

ie in text area of display field I type p_web.GSV('Number or Email'). In ID field case this works, but in other case it doesn't.
Clarion 9.0.10376
NetTalk 7.26
SecWin 6.25
StringTheory 1.92

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »
>> I haven't got any code.

maybe that's the problem.

an example would help with a more specific answer.

cheers
Bruce

osquiabro

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:27:24 AM »
estadok,

the View in SQL server support keys check in google, i have a large tables with sql without problems and multiples views with keys..

and check database engine tuning Advisor, this tools is great for boost sql server..