NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Head-banger problem  (Read 2447 times)

Flint G

• View Profile
    • Email
Head-banger problem
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
I've got a perplexing issue that I'd like to track down:

An extremely simple NetTalk server runs on server A.  Custom application with NetTalk client runs on remote server B, and should talk to server A ... but doesn't.

Using a browser (Firefox, IE. etc) from server B, I can talk to NT server on server A.  But from my application on server B, I cannot get a response out of the NT server on server A.  It just times out (-53, Open timeout or failure error).

Curiously, I can use the very same application on my local workstation and talk to the NT server on server A just fine (browser works, too).

Where can I stick a trace message in my NT server to catch the absolute beginning of the request to see if my NT server is even getting a hit??  The log window shows nothing, of course; so the failure is earlier than that.  Using an older version of this same NT server it all works dandy, so I am certain the application is not at fault (but we need not waste any time with the old NT server).

Regards,
Flint
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:24:54 PM by Flint G »
NetTalk: 12.26
Clarion: 9.1.11529
Brave: 1.31.88
Chrome: 95.0.4638.69
Edge: 95.0.1020.44
ExtJS: 7.0.0.156

kevin plummer

• View Profile
    • Production Accounting and Software Payroll
Re: Head-banger problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »
Sounds odd - there is a program called wireshark that might help.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Head-banger problem
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:19:26 AM »
>> Where can I stick a trace message in my NT server to catch the absolute beginning of the request

Process method, before parent call, in WebServer procedure.

cheers
Bruce