NetTalk Central

Author Topic: NT 7 issues?  (Read 2032 times)

kingja

• View Profile
    • Email
NT 7 issues?
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
Bruce,

In one of my NT 6 to NT 7 converted apps I have 2 issues.

1.  I want to switch from using TinyMCE to using Redactor as the HTML editor.  I find that the text field still displays as a normal text field when Redactor is turned on.  If TinyMCE is turned on, the html editor appears as expected.  So, I modified the web3 example app, turning on the Redactor editor for the message text field in the AutoResponse tab.  The Redactor HTML editor shows as expected and I can add html text and save it.  However, if I go back to view or edit the newly added text, the form opens empty, except for the title bar.  This happens in both IE 9 and FireFox 17.0.1.  So, Redactor works partially in the Web3 example but not at all in my app.

Follow up A:  form was being called as a pop-up.  Turned that off and noe redactor wil save text and can be edited.
Follow up B:  turning off redactor and turning on TinyMCE results in plain text field on form.  That is, can't turn TinyMCE back on for some reason.

2.  Another issue is when I run this app on my desktop machine, with FireFox 17, I find I cannot select items on the drop menus.  It always selects the first item in the menu.  However, the menus work as expected on my development notebook, with the same version of FireFox.  The desktop machine is a Win 7 Home edition while the development is Win 7 Ultimate.  The menus work as expected on either machine using IE 9.  Any thoughts on this one?

Also, I compile my app as a dll for use in the Multi-site Host app.  Do I need to add anything to it?

Thanks,

Jeff
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:01:50 PM by kingja »

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NT 7 issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »
Hi Jeff,

thanks for the feedback.

a) the Redactor can generate some tags that are HTML, but not xHtml. In my simple test it was just <br> - which is a common tag. I've added a new method to the next build called HtmlToxHtml where I'll add code that does _really basic_ checks to try and turn HTML into xHtml. This method might expand a lot in the future, but for now it's really simple.

b) the TinyMCE JavaScript was not being included in the build - I've sorted that out for the next build.

2. I've no idea about the menus - they seem to be ok here. Are you getting the same effect in any of the examples?

Cheers
Bruce