NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Record not found on form when.....  (Read 2739 times)

Skip Williams

• View Profile
    • Email
Record not found on form when.....
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »
I am converting a nt5 app to nt6.  All is working ok except for two problems.

The browses used radio buttons as the selection method for the form. 

On every form, I get record not found(5).  If I change the selection method to highlight, the forms work fine.

The login button works fine in IE, Safari, and Opera but in Chrome nothing happens.  It never even goes to the validation routine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Skip

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Record not found on form when.....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »
Hi Skip,

Radio buttons are slowly on their way out - so changing to highlight is a good idea. The radios should still work though, so tweak one of the shipping examples to radio, and see if you get the same effect - if you do post it here and I'll take a closer look.

The login button should be fine everywhere - however it's possible that the WebServer procedure did not generate correctly. (This usually results in it not working everywhere though.)

The issue of course may just be a setting in your instance of Chrome. ie cookies off, or javascript off or something. Or a JavaScript error affecting only chrome. (but I'm not seeing that here as yet.)

cheers
Bruce

Skip Williams

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Record not found on form when.....
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:42 AM »
Thanks Bruce,

I like the highlighted method better than the radio button selection and probably will change over to that, in spite of the client being used to the radio button <g>. Just wanted to let you know in case it crops up again.

Not sure what is happening on the Chrome problem with the login button.  I will regenerate the webserver and login procs and see if that makes a difference.  Until then, I will just IE as that is what the client is using.

Skip