NetTalk Central

Author Topic: Validation on a wizard tab  (Read 3848 times)

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
Validation on a wizard tab
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
On a web form where the tabs are in wizard format, I need to do validation of the fields on a tab when the Next or Previous buttons are pressed. There doesn't seem to be embed points for those - does anyone knows where I can add these checks?

Thys

terryd

• View Profile
    • Davcomm
    • Email
Re: Validation on a wizard tab
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
Hi Thys
Is there a reason why you don't want to do immediate validation on each field rather then when a tab is completed?
Terry Davidson
Windows 10 64 bit/Windows7 64bit
Clarion 9.1.11529/Clarion10 12567
Nettalk 913
Nettalk 1015
StringTheory267/Winevent515/XFiles298/MessageBox239/Cryptonite186

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »
Seems like IE9 has a problem with immediate validation - doesn't give focus to the field marked with LOC:Invalid. So this is a catch-all I would like to add to the tab fields before it goes to another tab.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
>> On a web form where the tabs are in wizard format, I need to do validation of the fields on a tab when the Next or Previous buttons are pressed. There doesn't seem to be embed points for those - does anyone knows where I can add these checks?

those buttons function completely in javaScript - so there are no Clarion embed points.

>> Seems like IE9 has a problem with immediate validation - doesn't give focus to the field marked with LOC:Invalid. So this is a catch-all I would like to add to the tab fields before it goes to another tab.

This was fixed in the 5.27 build.

cheers
Bruce

Thys

• View Profile
    • Incasu
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
Thanks Bruce.

Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:38:58 AM »
>> On a web form where the tabs are in wizard format, I need to do validation of the fields on a tab when the Next or Previous buttons are pressed. There doesn't seem to be embed points for those - does anyone knows where I can add these checks?

An option has been added to the "Validation" tab for forms. (Version 5.30)
Wizard: Validate Tab on Next.
If this is ticked on, then server side validation is performed on the fields (on the tab) before the user can go to the next tab.

Cheers
Bruce